Saturday, 2 November 2013

Get Ready With Me: Halloween Dinner Date

Before and After

Hello my loves!

How was your Halloween? Did you all have a spooktacular time? (Couldn't resist, sorry)

I didn't have anything planned for the day specifically apart from meeting my bff for our usual Thursday dinner date. I did think however, as it is All Hallows Eve, I would make a bit more of an effort on my usual dinner make up (nothing), go a bit gothy with all black errthang and do my first Get Ready With Me post for you guys! So keep on reading if you want to see my step by step on how I achieved the above look!

As it is my first post, please excuse me if it's not very good haha! And feel free to leave comments and suggests below, whatever they might be. Also please excuse the quality of the pictures. It was night and I don't have very good lighting and had to take the pictures with my iPad. Excuses out of the way, on with the post!


Now I know I absolutely don't need to explain to anyone the importance of a clean face, so the wipes are self explanatory ;)


Once clean, I use my trusty Be Fine Toner (as spoken about in my October Favourites post) and apply it all over my face with a cotton pad.


Once my face is dry I apply a small amount of my usual face cream, focussing more on my T-Zone than anywhere else because that's the area that gets dry (I have combination oily skin just in case anyone was wondering)


Now I know that you don't have to moisturise before adding primer but I prefer to because I only use a small amount of each and I believe it makes them both go a bit further.


See? Only a few quite stupid looking splodges dotted around which I then make sure to work into every area of my face, again mostly focussing on my T-Zone.

 From Left to Right: Kiko Make Up Milano Lipstick in 914,
Kabuki Brush, The Body Shop Lip Balm, Small Brush Forever 21, 
MAC Blot Powder in Deep Dark, 17 Blusher in First Flush, Rimmel Glam'Eyes 
Day 2 Night Mascara, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 30, Collection 2000 Felt Tip Eyeliner

Now I decided to go for an extremely minimal make up look, just something to enhance rather than caking loads on for just a few hours.


I start with my concealer, focussing on under my eyes and other areas I want to lighten or highlight. I have quite an uneven skin tone so the concealers helps with this.


 Once the concealer is applied, I blend it in using my ring finger.


Sad face because my MAC powder is almost finished!!!! :( I can't really complain though. I got it ages ago and use it quite a lot so it has been brilliant and well worth the price tag.


Using my Kabuki brush, I apply the powder to my face, making sure not to miss the ears and neck and blending it as best I can with the concealer.


No, I'm not trying to be cute. Next step is to apply blush to the apples of my cheeks and smiling slightly helps me to get them in just the right place... Okay, I was trying to be a little bit cute as well. Did it work?


After I've applied my blush to my cheeks (and to the tip of my nose, I have no idea why I do this but I've just found out Jenn from Clothes Encounters does it too so I don't feel so weird), I make sure it all blends in nicely using my Kabuki brush again.


Onto the eyes! I look quite weird here as getting my eyeliner perfect has always been a struggle for me. I manage, just about, but haven't quite mastered putting it on with my eyes open yet. Watch this space. For my line, I didn't do anything fancy, literally just went straight across the lid, stopping just at the crease on the other side.


Now this was weird for me because I don't normally apply eyeliner underneath my eye, but I wanted to try something different and also you can never overdo the eyeliner on Halloween, let's be honest. Again, this was a basic line from one side to the other.


Next I apply several coats of mascara. I didn't want particularly big lashes but they needed to stand to attention a bit. The great thing about the Rimmel Day 2 Night mascara is it has two sections, one for volume and one for length. I generally just stick to the length section as when you apply for volume, things can get quite dramatic!


Second to last step is to prep and moisturise the lips with lip balm. I got this as a freebie from The Body Shop ages ago and it's amazing! It's so soft and nourishing and smells like strawberries! Yummerz.


Finally to apply my latest purchase, which you can see in yesterday's blog post, a beautiful pinky-plum lipstick. This colour isn't really that buildable but it's still looks quite nice just as it is.


And voilĂ ! Here is my finished make up look! Very basic, very quick but I was very happy with the results!

Hat - eBay, Black Shirt - H&M, Cardigan - Wallis, Leggings - TU Clothing

And here is my entire finished look. All black errthang!!!


That's it from me, hope you lovelies had an amazing Halloween and are looking forward to the rest of the year. Oh my goodness, where has it gone!?!?! It's going to be Christmas before you can say... well, Christmas!

Until next time!! Mwah <3

No comments:

Post a Comment